Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can my iMac play this game on bootcamp without issues?

Game iMac Apple SWTOR

• Please log in to reply

Trankristian

Trankristian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am considering installing Windows 7 through bootcamp in order to play the game Star Wars: The Old Republic. However I am not sure as to wether or not the game will run well on this platform.

I own a 2008 iMac with a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I have 4gb of RAM. ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB.

The system requirements for the game are: Processor- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better, Operating Sustem- Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Vista/7, RAM- 1.5gb for Windows XP, 2gb for Windows Vista/7 (PCs using built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2gb RAM), Graphics Card ATI X1800 or better, nVidis 7800 or better, Intel 4100 integrated graphics or better.

So my question is will running this game on bootcamp run well enough that I would enjoy the game? Or would it be too slow or the graphics be too horrific? anyways thanks for any help!

Advertisements