Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Dual monitor stand. 2 sizes ok?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

I've recently ordered a second monitor for my pc but my desk isn't big enough for both monitors because the stands that come prepacked with them make them stand a good 6 ins away from the wall. I was looking into a dual monitor stand (either fixed to the wall or the desk) but I'm worried because the main one I was is a BenQ 24" LED monitor, the other (same brand) is 21.5". I'm not sure if a dual monitor stand would take both because of the difference in size and (most likely) weight. I would like to know because it's either the dual monitor stand or a bigger desk.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP

assuming you get a dual monitor stand that is capable of holding two of the largest available monitors (i.e. one that could do 2 x 24" monitors) then it should be fine.

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

just to mention that there is nothing stopping you using 2 single mounts for the monitors either as long as they can hold the weight. eg this one can support monitors upto 20kg :-  http://www.amazon.co...20811112&sr=1-4