Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Reader 11.0.09 Update

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Windows 8.1.  I am getting a pop-up telling me to Update Adobe Reader.  When I try and run the Update I get the Message "Update Failed No Valid Sequence Could be Found for Set of Updates"   The Adobe Reader I have is 11.0.09.  Should I uninstall this version of Adobe Reader and reinstall?  If "yes" which version of Adobe should I install? 

Thanks!!

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

I would suggest that you uninstall adobe reader all together. I would then suggest that you replace it with Foxit Reader To avoid the extra bundled software it would be easy to install Unchecky

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

When I try to Remove Adobe Reader I get this Message "No Valid Sequence Could Be Found For Set Of Patches".  How do I remove Adobe?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Revo Uninstaller Freeware Here is a good tutorial on the use of Revo Uninstaller.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Thanks Rockmilk!  As I read though the text of Revo Uninstaller, I'm more than a little intimidated by some of the decisions I have to make to utilize this software.  Is there a simple way for an old man to uninstall Adobe Reader?

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Downloaded Revouninstaller and tried to uninstall Abode Reader.  Got the same message "No Valid Sequence could be Found For the Set of Patches."  I selected Advanced and the program ran for over an hour.  What would be my next step to uninstall Adobe Reader 

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Run this fix it.

http://support.micro...l_and_uninstall

Reboot after and try to uninstall again. There are other options we can try, if this is no good for you. :)