Can anyone help me remove these extensions from my browser? Are they somewhere else on my computer? I uninstalled the programs. I ran Malware bytes and removed them as well, but if I remove from Google Chrome it just re-appears.
Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:43 PM
Hello Tryn2learn, welcome to Geeks to Go Malware Removal forum!
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.
Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Please ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
- Please do not post logs using the CODE, QUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation and providing the best set of instructions for you.
- Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable.
- If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
- Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
- Ensure you are following this topic. Click at the top of the page.
Please run the following diagnostic scans so I can ascertain the state of your computer.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
- Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save the file to your Desktop.
- Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
- Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
- Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
- Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
- Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.
- Please download TDSSKiller and save the file to your Desktop.
- Right-Click TDSSKiller.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Click Change parameters. Place a checkmark next to Detect TDLFS file system and Verify file digital signatures.
- Click Start Scan. Do not use the computer during the scan.
- If objects are found, change the action to skip.
- Click Continue and close the window.
- A log will be created and saved to the root directory (usually C:\). Attach the file in your next reply.
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.
- TDSSKiller log (attached)
Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:58 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users