Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's up with Flash 64-Bit?

• Please log in to reply

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Every time I try to DL Flash 64-bit, the site detects my 64-Bit Win system then the file it gives me reads 32-Bit.

Anyone know why this might happen??

Does anyone know a direct link? Every time I go to the Adobe page which reads "direct link" it takes me through the steps to Detect my browser and OS, then gives me the 32-Bit version. W...T...H!!? Grrr.

I ask because I'm having what seems to be Flash problems...for a few weeks now.

Edited by Phlegmbot, 08 January 2015 - 12:34 AM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Do a clean install - Adobe

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Ahh-haa!

Yeah, I did the Adobe version of the "clean install" (per Adobe's site), but that looks to be far more detailed. I searched on the site before posting & didn't see that.

Thank you SO much! I'll try it out tonight.

PBot

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

:)

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Hi, I finally got to this tonight.

Two questions:

1. In Windows...SysWOW folder, did I have to/should I have removed the "FlashPlayerTrust" folder?

2. Adobe continues to (correctly) detect that I'm using 64-bit Windows...but the file it automatically offers me for DL is "install...16x32" -- is that normal?

PBot

Edited by Phlegmbot, 09 January 2015 - 10:45 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

1. In Windows...SysWOW folder, did I have to/should I have removed the "FlashPlayerTrust" folder?

Yes during the process of deleting old flash files this is ok to have been removed. Since it is a part of flash player.

2. Adobe continues to (correctly) detect that I'm using 64-bit Windows...but the file it automatically offers me for DL is "install...16x32" -- is that normal?

Yes this is the version that I am offered and I run a 64 bit machine.

Any luck re-installing?

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Hey there, rockmilk!

I wanted to wait a bit before replying. Yes, it looks like everything Flash-related is working AOK now.

As for that folder, I was actually asking if I should have deleted it before reinstalling. The uninstall did not delete it. But, it's fine, everything seems to be running smoothly.

THANK YOU!

PBot

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Sweet thanks for letting me know. :)

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Hey again.

So, I'm watching a TV show streaming via Flash...and I'm getting intermittent static. I don't know for sure that this is a Flash issue, but it started after Flash updated (hence my wanting to do a clean install). Although I began noticing browser and Flash problems the last time FF updated (in late Nov. or early Dec.); Flash updated on the heals of FF.

Now, if I restart, the static goes away.

I'm watching the video in Chrome, but when the static begins, it happens across the board.

And here's a strange thing: When I noticed these problems beginning, I noticed that sometimes there'd be issues w/Quintessential Media Player (I don't know if it's Flash-based or what, but when Flash acts up, so does QMP). Anyway, just now I was watching the video mentioned above in Chrome through my TV, and decided to open QMP. When I did this, the sound from the video suddenly transferred from the TV to my PC speakers. When I closed QMP, it went back to normal.

The song in QMP wouldn't play if the video was playing. When I stop the video, the song DOES play, but it IS a bit staticy.

Wow. I've never experienced anything like this.  I was thinking of rolling back FF to an earlier version to see if that'd help.

It seems like something gotten corrupted...but what? Thoughts?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

What is the make and model of your computer? I think that perhaps it is time to clean install your video drivers.

Download UnknownDeviceIdentifierand post the log it Creates in your next reply.
Run the program allow it to finish then hit file> save > Save the file to desktop.The default file name will be DeviceList Attach Device list in your next reply

Advertisements

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

ugh. OK.

Do you think they got corrupted?

Thank you!

PBot

p.s. don't make fun of my old devices. ;]

Attached Files

Edited by Phlegmbot, 14 January 2015 - 07:55 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Go ahead and run the Display Driver Uninstaller have it remove your ATI display drivers.

Reboot the machine install the latest ATI driver. AMD Driver Autodetect

Also run the Intel  Driver Update Utility

Make sure that you have the latest  Java Software

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Go ahead and run the Display Driver Uninstaller have it remove your ATI display drivers.

Reboot the machine install the latest ATI driver. AMD Driver Autodetect

Also run the Intel  Driver Update Utility

Make sure that you have the latest  Java Software

Hi!

I don't use Java at all. Stopped using it about 4 years ago, and any site that asks for Java, I just don't use. It caused too many issues.

I can't update ATI drivers, b/c I've had all sorts of problems w/them. Their updated drivers have caused problems on my system (this is apparently common on this particular Dell laptop), so I had to keep the old ones.

Can you tell me what you feel making these changes will do and if there are other options to consider?

Thank you again!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

I am not sure there are any other options, I am just thinking that at the very least updating your graphics driver will help the situation, How about you use the display driver uninstaller to remove the driver and reinstall your graphics driver. It is just that some of the things you mentioned could possibly be driver issues. You can install java and remove it after the updates

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

OK! Thanks. I'll try it and report back.

It seems like, as I use more front memory, the static issue arises. This is a new occurrence.

I'll try your suggestion, give it a day or two of use and report back.

Thanks again, rock!

Edited by Phlegmbot, 15 January 2015 - 05:49 PM.