Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need a cd rom driver.

• Please log in to reply

reepicheep007

reepicheep007

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a compaq presario and i need a driver for my cd rom drive. when i go into properties it say "compaq SC-140S". can someone help me get a driver for that, or do you need more infornation about the drive?

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 .

Get it here : Compaq SC-140S

caprice

caprice

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I thought I needed a driver also, and I tried the one from DriverGuide.com but it won't open to install it. So, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the Add Hardware wizard, but I still get a "code 39" error message when I check it's functionality in the device manager. Maybe the driver isn't the probem?

My Teac cd writer stopped working at the same time, but I don't know exactly what I did. I might have accidentally removed a file when I was cleaning up my computer. I just don't know what file it might have been. Going back to a restore point didn't help.

Can you help?