Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer and smart web printing boxes pop up when opening fol

• Please log in to reply

shajoe44

shajoe44

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Every time I open a folder I get the windows installer box as well as the smart web printing box popping up on the screen. I am also having a terrible time with scripts again. Laptop is just experiencing lots of not responding when using mozilla and even with chrome. Any help in getting it back to normal will be appreciated.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

When is the last time you checked the machine for malware? You should perhaps start  a new thread in the malware area.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Daily

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Download and install the  Windows All In One Repair Tool   run it with the boxes ticked below.

Make sure and disable your antivirus and create a system restore prior to running the tool.

gxuqzyF.jpg

Reboot twice after running the tool.

Note: If you are unable to disable your antivirus uninstall it and reboot prior to running tool, reinstall after.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Everything seems to be working much faster now. No pop up windows. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Not sure you have anymore issues? If this solved your issues then nope you are good to go. :)