Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows8

• Please log in to reply

OZDOUG

OZDOUG

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Hi!

Been getting a few 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' error messages & PC restarting....about four in the last 2 days.  :smashcomp:

I did check the Microsoft forums on this topic & I am surprised how common this seems to be. I also checked the forums on G2G as I confess I find the way you guys help out a lot simpler to understand.....& you have helped me out many times in the past so I consider you a reliable source!!

I avoided using any fix solutions that you recommended for other folks as you have emphasised in the past NOT to do this as each solution may be slightly different from one PC to another......

So I guess I am once again asking for your assistance!  Please!   :D

Advertisements

Arklelinuke

Arklelinuke

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Sounds like your RAM is going bad.

OZDOUG

OZDOUG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

That does not sound good!  Anyway to test this or check on the performance of the RAM?

My PC knowledge would tell me that the RAM is what does the actual work while I am running programmes or apps or whatever...basically the operating speed of the PC.

Would this be a good analogy?

Arklelinuke

Arklelinuke

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Pretty close, yeah.  RAM is like short term memory.  You can run memtestx86 and see if it reports any errors, but I've seen bad memory that passed that test before.  Basically, if it has any errors, it needs replacing, and may still if it passes.  Easiest way is to get some ram from a friend's computer that you know is good, and replace yours with it and see if you have the problem still.

OZDOUG

OZDOUG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Thanks my friend.....I'll check this out!