Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODs after quitting Minecraft

• Please log in to reply

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Yes I do. Should I install them using that?

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Yes, install them and leave it at the version you install, then let me know if you get any more BSODs.

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok I will. Thanks for all the help!

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem, let me know how it goes :)

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Well, I went a while without any BSODs. None in Starbound. But today after closing Minecraft this happened:

Attached Files

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Once again these were caused by your AMD graphic card drivers. I wonder what make them crash everytime...

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I have no idea. I followed the install instructions on the disc that came with my card.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I'll see if I can get a Technician in this thread that can make you test the performance of your graphic card. Unless I can find the canned in another thread :P

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok sounds good

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright phill nicely allowed me to use his canned for this thread, all the credits goes to him! :)

Run the FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The aim is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test http://www.majorgeek...tress_test.html
Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Advertisements

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok, I've looked on AMD's website and I can't find my card's max temperature.