Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound From Speakers (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You need to save it as a .jpeg or it may be too large to upload - be sure to click Choose file and once selected then click the Attach This File tab.

Advertisements

Jackpine

Jackpine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Here is the screenshot.  When I click on the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon, this is what appears.  Is there any way of getting the Realtek Manager to appear instead?

Asus audiio manager.PNG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

That is basically the same as the Realtek version so perhaps it is a custom driver made by Realtek specifically for ASUS, that would explain why there are no audio drivers under the ASUS name.

I noted the following concerning the Realtek drivers from your dxdiag log the ; Modified Date: 12/10/2013 8:20:44 PM and Version: 5.10.0.7111

The latest drivers however are Version V6.0.1.5350 release date 2007/02/02 - try creating a new restore point and then updating the drivers which you can download from here this is only a process of elimination step at the moment btw.

Jackpine

Jackpine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

phillpower2, I tried the above, but it made no difference.  No sound with the non-powered speakers.  But everything is well when I use the powered speakers plugged into the rear line out port (shown as the green port in post #47.

I think that because I now get decent stereo sound using the powered speakers, I will finish with this thread.  As for why the non-powered speakers no longer work, let's chalk it up to one of life's sweet mysteries!

Thank you for your help (and we'll probably meet again - but not too soon I hope!) :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No problem and as ever you are most welcome  :)

As an asides, powered speakers offer better sound quality and functionality and so I reckon you can consider the new speakers as an upgrade  :thumbsup: