Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gpu not working properly, yet I can`t find the problem

• Please log in to reply

RevanShepard

RevanShepard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi! I was hoping someone could help me.
So, earlier today, while playing a game, i noticed that it started to freeze. Well, not exactly freeze, but (I`m sorry, I don`t know the word, English is not my first language). Like it freezes for couple of seconds, unfreezes and freezes again, but in continuously longer intervals until it froze completely. So I decided to try running Skyrim, and you know that smoke on loading screen? Well, it was completely white with some purple undertones. First I cleaned my components, ran Skyrim again and this time that smoke was black, so I couldn`t see the figure on loading screen.
I quit the game, run furmark and it ran for half an hour with no problems. I ran memtest86 and Haeven benchmark again with no problems and Windows memory test. Anyway, at one point game said something like my gpu doesn`t support Directx 11. Now loading screens are fine, but world map looks like its shaking. Temperature is fine on both gpu and cpu, the fan is working... I have no idea.
Please help! And thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:  RevanShepard,

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

RevanShepard

RevanShepard

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry! Computer is desktop, MSI, System model MS-7597

Processor AMD Phenom™ II X4 840

Processor Manufacturer AMD

Speed 3.2 GHz

Number of Cores 4

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Manufacturer ATI

Chipset AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Dedicated Memory 1.0 GB

Total Memory 3.7 GB

Memory 6.2 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit Service Pack 1 Size 64 Bit Edition Ultimate

Edited by RevanShepard, 11 January 2015 - 07:38 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Can you post the requested PSU details for us please.

Got to ask this, is your OS from a legitimate source? I ask as Windows 7 Ultimate is not normally used with such an entry level/minimum spec computer.

• Please download WVCheck by Artellos from one of the mirrors below;

Artellos.com (exe)
    Artellos.com (zip)

• After the download, run WVCheck.exe
  • As indicated by the prompt, This program can take a while depending on your hard drive space.
  • Once the program is done, copy the contents of the notepad file as a reply.