Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

viruses/adware/spyware after winxp install

• Please log in to reply

cloaked05

cloaked05

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi, can anyone please help me, ok this is what happened, I reformatted and did a clean windows xp home install. Everything was okay until... I setted up my internet and then I connected to the internet and wham! my modem light was blinking like mad and suddenly my whole computer lags and when I go on the internet or open installation programs or virus/adware/spyware remover programs. The program or computer freezes or won't respond! I also get these weird pop-up messages from time to time saying I have 43 spyware on my computer! If I disconnect from the internet, then its normal, no pop-ups or anything! what shud I do?

Advertisements