Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Conditional Formatting in Excel on Google Drive

• Please log in to reply

mothclass

mothclass

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an excel spreadsheet with lots of dates on it.  One time, I saw someone create an arrow or bar that automatically went to today's date on the spreadsheet, so a person would not have to scroll down through past dates to get to today's date.  I tried to " create a new rule" in conditional formatting so that today's date was highlighted yellow.  The highlighting feature works, but when I open the spreadsheet I am not taken automatically to today's date.  Is that some other feature? Can it be done on the excel in google drive? 

Advertisements

krishnap2w2

krishnap2w2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How to Use Conditional Formatting in Excel?

Conditional formatting is used to pick out important data from a huge list of data. Though it is a little difficult to use, knowing the basics can help us in whatever project we are working on.
We can use conditional formatting in many ways. Following are the two ways of using conditional formatting.
1 Conditional Formatting in Same Cell
2 Conditional Formatting in Multi Cell
3 Enter the number in the box provided for “Format cells that are GREATER THAN:”, and select ‘Custom Format’.
4 Select Fill from Format Cells, Select a required color from Background color and select OK.
5 The picture shows the result after applying Conditional Formatting