Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help, was infected

• Please log in to reply

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Please download MiniToolBox http://download.blee...MiniToolBox.exe and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
  • List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result.

Advertisements

lemod

lemod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Edited by lemod, 19 January 2015 - 01:12 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

HP Pavilion DV6-3190sp, a model known to have this temperature problem.

Are we still having heat issues ?

What other issues do we have?

Joe

lemod

lemod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Edited by lemod, 19 January 2015 - 01:15 AM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello,

Update: i let the computer lower the temperature after the BSOD

So now we have from what you say, still a thermal event and in addition a blue screen. Lemod Anything that you try to do that requires processor power is causing over heating, weather it be videos or processor intense scans like Malwarebytes, Anti Virus scans etc.

waited for the computer to hibernate on his own

The system hibernated due to a critical thermal event.

Heat buildup can cause problems for any computer. Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly. The most common cause of overheating is the accumulation of dust inside the computer. The electrical components in a computer generate heat and fans inside the computer help move the air to keep the components cooled to normal operating temperatures. Inadequate cooling can cause excess heat to build up inside the case which can damage components. The sound of the fan running constantly may indicate that the computer is not running as efficiently as possible and that there is a problem with accumulated dust clogging the air vents.

Many problems reported here, we have a known problem with this model

http://h30434.www3.h...kly/td-p/618045

Reducing heat inside a Laptop
http://h10025.www1.h...product=4315279

Other users of this Laptop Model HP Pavilion DV6-3190sp. Have proceeded with the steps outlined in the above link, however the Laptop still overheats, from what i see it's a possible poor design problem.

Lemod,

I'm sorry;

I cannot address this problem here at the forum and I cannot fix the Thermal/ heat issue related to this Model HP Pavilion DV6-3190sp. Running additional scans could make matters worse and may cause more heat related damage. The history is there and every user with this Laptop HP Pavilion DV6-3190sp. has had major Thermal issues. I have no way of telling how much damage has already been caused to your machine from the over heating, and I'm unwilling to provide any more instruction at the risk of causing more damage to your Laptop.

My advice to you is remove your important files and take the machine into a repair facility, as this issue is something that cannot be conducted by the forum method.

Thanks
Joe :)