Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win-7 HP LJ-1012 printer - photo's don't print & Can't

• Please log in to reply

Minnim

Minnim

• Pip
  • 1 posts

ADDRESSING ONLY THOSE OF YOU WHO'RE EXPERT AT ALTERNATE LESS-AUTOMATIC METHODS OF PRINTER INSTALLATION

I've Win-7, 1.7ghz, 32-bit, Firefox browser - latest version.

...All because HP doesn't provide clearcut driver downloads for 1010-thru-1020 laser jets - many of us who have those printers go thru H-IN-HANDBASKET

I've spent many days & hours on this & going in circles.

NOBODY to-date answered my questions properly, so going out of my mind.

(1) Win-Photo-Printer is refusing to install printer drivers for the HP Laserjet 1012.

...tried various permutations (add local printer, LPT1, WinUpdate, etc. etc.

All I get is error messages, for crying out loud.

(2) It took me forever just to get it to print notepad & word-docs.

Then another long time until (when I was relaxed in bed) - the relaxation had jogged my memory to change the FireFox File/Print drowpdown from onenote2007 to LJ-1012

...(the latter resolved printing web pages BUT NOT ability to cancel-printing.

(3) there's also NO printer icon on the SysTray (or whatever its called in Win-7) - i.e. the thingie which enables people to cance/or/pause print jobs.

So - please - whoever is not a TOP EXPERT at this will only frustrate me - since i've spent the past several days dealing with non-experts who had even less of a clue than me.

I mean - they were tech guys who were NOT expert at D.I.Y. printer setup.

I had even included ENDLESS screenshots, but it was wasted effort.

Edited by Minnim, 11 January 2015 - 10:35 PM.

Advertisements