Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Is Stuck In Guest User Account

• Please log in to reply

Stasi00

Stasi00

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Recently bought my daughter a second hand  Fujitsu Lifebook N Series N3410 Notebook PC at a local yard sale. Upon returning home we had hoped to turn it on to either factory restore it or restore it to a previous restore point so the former users information would not be an issue in my daughter using it, However.....

Upon turning it on, the device immediatly starts in "Guest User Acccount" without any other user accounts available, and achieving anything is absolutely impossible as every attempt we have researched and attempted was quickly countered with "Access Denied, You Do Not Have Sufficiant Privilages To Perform This Action. Consult Administrative User" as well as the "You must be logged on as the Administrative User to access this feature/setting"

We werent provided with the Recovery/Restore CD and Im almost certian that even if we had been, it would possibly be useless as the CD ROM will not even play her music CDS. Ive contacted Microsoft for support, and was informed that Windows XP is no longer supported. Several attempts to contact Fujitsu for any assistance has also put us at a stale mate as we have yet heard anything back from them.

Please, if at all possible, help me with a way to try and pinpoint the issue at hand and if there is any way to do so, repair it along with informitave step by steo instructions to do so as I am in no way tech savvy when it comes to doing any of this.

Thank you for your paitience and taking the time to read this. We both would be greatly apprecitave of any assistance in this matter.

System information is as follows:

Fujitsu Lifebook N series Notebook (Siemans)

Model Number: N3410

Product Number: FPC06070AP

Build Number: 9TOPV0

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack SP3

again, I thank you for your time and assistance

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Howszit? and welcome to GtoG.  It sounds like the previous owner just deleted his/her profile without creating a new one.  Perhaps a good place to start is the user guide for this notebook....  here's the link  http://solutions.us...._USERSGUIDE.PDF

I haven't looked through it but there maybe a keystroke to re-establish the op system, but that may not be available.  If you press the F8 key before you see the Windows XP logo appear when it starts, you may be able to do a safe mode start.  You will need to use your arrow keys to highlight safe mode.  In a safe mode start you should see both the guest account and an Administrator account.  Click on the Administrator and if it asks for a password, well... sorry.  If it does start, go to the control panel and create a new user account, (an administrator account) and restart...

Hope this helps...

Edited by Mark D, 12 January 2015 - 11:14 AM.