Okay I completed uninstalling and installing Chrome, you did not request any log files so I'm ready for the next step
Need Some Help [Solved]
Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:30 PM
Great news, your logs are CLEAN! but we still have a few things we need to address namely:
- I need to remove the tools we installed on your machine.
- I also have some tips and information for you to help you avoid infections in the future.
Step 1: Tool Removal with Delfix and Creation of a clean restore point
- Download Delfix from here
- Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
- Create registry backup
- Purge system restore
- Click Run
The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.
You can uninstall ESET Online Scanner at this time.
I recommend keeping Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed. Make sure to update it and run it at least once a week. If it finds things such as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) you can delete those with no worries. However, if it finds something like a trojan, come see us.
Step 2: Tips, Information, and Optional Installation of Unchecky
- Watch what you open in your emails. If you get an email from an unknown source with any attached files, do not open it.
- Install and keep only one anti-virus on your machine. Update it and scan your machine with it at least once a week.
- Be careful of the websites you visit.
- When installing new programs, don't be "click happy" and click through the screens. Many programs come with adware in them and are set to install them by default. Several programs require that you uncheck or select no to prevent the installation. Take your time and read each screen as you go.
To help protect yourself while on the web, I recommend you read How did I get infected in the first place?
Installation of Unchecky
This is a very good little program that will automatically uncheck any boxes during a software installation. This helps prevent the software from installing any malware that is by default checked while the program is being installed.
Click here to be taken to Unchecky.com
Click the very large Download button.
Once downloaded, double click the program (Vista, Win 7, and 8, right click and Run as Administrator)
Once open, click the Install button.
Then click Finish
Unchecky is now installed and will help you keep unwanted check boxes unchecked.
Things I need to see in your next post:
Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:43 PM
Thanks for ALL the important information
Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:49 PM
Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:30 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users