Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

popups I want won't pop up

• Please log in to reply

tjcanavan

tjcanavan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new to this site, and I don't see my problem addressed. I read the New York Times online, and find that some things won't pop up when I click on the appropriate text. I get a small box in the upper left corner of the screen with the desired content, but it disappears after three to five seconds.

I have unchecked my popup blocker, and I have the latest Javascript program (according to the Java website).

The problem doesn't happen only with the Times. In fact, it happened on this site when I tried to register from a screen that was not the home page. The popup came on, and disappeared. Fortunately I was able to register by going back to the home page and registering there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808.Even the best antispyware programs are only able to remove about 70% of infections. Also, the line between spyware and trojans is getting blurred. You can never be too careful with these, I recommend at least one online scan.

Now, REBOOT in Normal Mode and have an On-line scan at this sites: Trend Micro or Panda Scan.

Then read HERE

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
What is your pop-up blocker program? Open it, search for the settings under BLOCKED POP-UPS,locate the website with which you want the pop-up be UNBLOCKED, remove it from the list.