Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow scans, Bullguard.

• Please log in to reply

Aileen Delahunty

Aileen Delahunty

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Dont know if this is right place to post this, but I need help.

Hi there,

Renewed my Bullguard subscription about 3 months ago and its not behaving like the old version did. I cant / dont know how, to set it to full scan once a week and quick scan daily at a certain time.

I just keeps scanning every time I 'wake' the computer.... very annoying as everything slows down.
It seems to take hours and hours to scan even though the time on the 'scan' says 2hrs45mins.....

Can you help please. Not good at all this IT stuff, its more 'monkey see, monkey do' , so please have your instructions very simple to understand if you can please.

Aileen.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
Hi Aileen :)
"
It looks like no one replied to your thread in 5 days, so I'll jump in and try to answer your question. Bullguard offers a feature called "Scan profiles", which allows you to create schedules for scans, as well as define what content will be scanned and at what level. There's a whole FAQ/Guide for Scan profiles on Bullguard website located here:

https://www.bullguar...le-(guide).aspx

Let me know if this wasn't what you were looking for :)

Aileen Delahunty

Aileen Delahunty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Thank you.   This was great help.   Hopefully the action I took will work.

Lyonsie.  

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
No problem, let me know how it goes and if it didn't work we'll try another solution :)