Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iwintoolbarforpogo removal [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
SOS. Really confused now. Started frst64 and pressed fix. Did it's thing and said pc needed to restart. When it came back I could not proceed with instructions.

Advertisements

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I hope I haven't lost Ruggie.

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Are you coming back? If not what happens to all of my files /logs posted here? AND what happens to my pc now? A bit freaked out.

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Hi. Dont worry I won't leave but we get on here as and when we can as we do have family etc to contend with.
There should now be a text file on your desktop called fixlog.txt.
Please can you post this.

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
OK. Sorry. It's not impatience but fear that you hear. First times at anything can be something else. Anyway relieved you are still with me however unresolved issue is that when I hit fix and FRST did it's thing in fix, Message comes thru saying computer must be restarted. There is no other option btw. Restarting puts me back at square one. I am determined to ace this. Here I go again. Be back in minutes... Thanks for still being there

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

THe delay is because each time I get to fix part message says laptop must restart.  That removes frst along with the lists etc.  And since machine is wonky now,  finding my email is a major project.  Plus getting back on geeks to go the post button missing so I had to re sign up again and get new password.  I am tired but eager to go on.  Here is where I am:  ready to put all the stuff back on desk top--frst box/ lists/  etc

However, I can only go to fix completion because then message says restart and that takes me back to square one. so I'll bring the process to the end of fix and then report baack to you.

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Ruby. Move on to part 2 and run JRT.
We can come back to this shortly when things are a little better.
It won't hurt and may make things a little easier for you.

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

OK.  Fixlog is saved but unlike the other lists,  I don't know where it is.  Will go back and search but in the meantime,  the end of fix brings message saying I must retart the laptop.   I'm holding there until I hear from you.

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Hi.
The fixlog will always be created in the same place where FRST is run from. (That's why we always ask for it to be on the desktop so we know where the files will end up)
If it is not on the desktop, you could try searching for it from the start menu.
Click start, search and type fixlog.txt and wait for it to be found.

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

OK ran jrt but drop down box says How do you want to open file?  Some choices are adobe reader,  dell touchpad, Internet Explorer, and there's more but that's what I get.  BTW when downloading jrt,  had trouble and had to retry Finally getting mentioned box with choices.   Now what? Please.

Advertisements

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Did find fixlog.txt but it comes up as fix list.  and at the end it says system neded a rebot.  Just giving you as much info as I can.

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Do I post what I copied.   BTW every time I move away from this forum when I return I lose the post button.

Edited by rubymars, 18 January 2015 - 01:39 PM.

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Yes post what you copied please - let's take a look at what you have. :D

rubymars

rubymars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

trying to paste