Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

buying galaxy s3 now?

• Please log in to reply

gs3hill

gs3hill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My grandpa needs a new phone. He’d quite interested in Android smartphone though he doesn't really need anything except text and phone call. My friend recently happened to sell his galaxy s3 which is in perfect working condition. Included in this sale will be a Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB (Verizon), a MPJ 3200 mAh battery, an original Samsung battery and charger, all sold for $130 --a reasonable price for used S3 or not? It seems Galaxy S3 just quite good for him.  Also if you guys have any other suggestion for secondhand phone i would love to know. Thanks. 

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I'd try to get the price down a little bit. that phone is 2 revisions behind and won't be able to get the newest versions of android and such. it's still a great phone. all the galaxy line are good phones, but that sucker is ancient in the phone world.

TonyMal

TonyMal

• Pip
  • 5 posts

If your grandoa will be able to understand it properly then of course take it but get the price a little  down

OpenSourcerer

OpenSourcerer

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I got a Galaxy S3 brand new from Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, I didn't know that Verizon locks the bootloader on these :/
It wasn't very much for a new phone, without a contract (prepaid). Its a great phone so far, however the battery life is nothing to brag about and the speaker is a little quiet. Overall its a great phone, just the screen is bigger than my mothers iPhone 4, so its not too bad for older people who may have eye problems. It also has an easy to navigate user interface.

levjaskulski

levjaskulski

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Even for an old thread, the S3 wasn't a good option. A friend went with Xiaomi instead of S3 more than a year ago and it is better even than the J3.

Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis

• Pip
  • 4 posts

S3 it is a 20th century already))) Have a look at least on LG G2 or some XIAOMI