Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAJOR aswrvrt.sys issue, need help

• Please log in to reply

Aaaaanik

Aaaaanik

• Pip
  • 1 posts

the whole issue with this aswrvrt.sys happened happened suddenly, my system was stable, running as smoothly as usual till this morning when i boot my pc and... got locked out of everything :/ googling the issue lead me here, i read some of the topics but they didnt help. my issue is as follow ::

windows is stuck in "windows error recovery"  with the options Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, Safe mode with command prompt, Last knowon gpod configuration (advanced)  and Start windows normally. NONE of these are working, for the safe modes, the driver loading gets stuck at aswrvrt.sys and for the other two, they get stuck at "starting windows". 

now,for some reason booting from cd/dvd drives arent working. i used my windows dvd bt it did not boot and then used my friends and it didnt boot either. its as if no dvd is inserted at all! (dvd drive and disks are all functioning) 

now what?? im posting this from my cell, im really in trouble here

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi Aaaaanik :)

Since nobody answered your thread yet to help you, I will. The aswrvrt.sys is a driver that belongs to avast! Antivirus. The ideal would be to remove that driver, or simply rename it, from the Recovery PE, so it would stop being loaded on boot, and you could boot normally, uninstall avast! (and delete manually that renamed file) and then reinstall it (if you wish). What's the current status on this situation? Do you still need assistance (as it's been 4 days now)?