Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page Fault in Nonpaged Area (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

OK :)

Thank you again for your kindness to assist me all the way through.

I will start immediately with my ordinary activities and will let you know in a couple of days (hopefully)! 

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem, my pleasure :) Hopefully this simple scan will have solved your issue!

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Unfortunately the problem is still present :/

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
You said that you ran a MemTest86 in the OP, right? Why did you interrupt it at 50%? Also, did you ran it on both RAM sticks at the same time, or one at the time?

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

I interrupted it because I needed the PC. I ran it when I went to sleep and when I woke first thing in the moment I checked and it was only 50% done.

I don't know if I done it on the two sticks or on one, how to see that? 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
If you want to run a MemTest86+ on one RAM stick, you'll need to remove the other ones from the motherboard and then boot the computer and launch the test. The thing is that if you run the test with more than one stick at the time on the computer and errors are found, you don't know which stick is faulty. Running the test on one stick at the time allows you to identify the one with errors and proceed to change it.

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

OK so you suggest to remove one stick then ran the test throughout to the 100%? 

I watched some video the guy there was recommending doing the test at least 10%. Is this optional?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Yes, this is the best way to make sure that your RAM sticks aren't faulty (if they pass the test without errors). And you should let the test complete at 100%, not 10%.

Before you do that, create a new folder on your desktop and call it "Dumps", then go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, and copy all the files in it in that new Dumps folder. Once this is done, archive the folder (right-click on it, select Send to then Compressed archive (.zip)) and attach the archive to your next post.

Edited by Aura, 16 January 2015 - 02:07 PM.

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Attached File  DUMPS.zip   707.25KB   177 downloads

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

To start the test now?

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Yes you can start the tests now. I'll check the dumpfiles once I get home.

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Once I am done with stick one where I can see the results? In this dump section of my drive?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
It's supposed to be displayed on the screen. Are you using MemTest86 or MemTest86+?

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

memtest86 +

I don't know what to look at at the screen, too many numbers and words I am not familiar with :)

I also realized now when I opened the PC that I have 4 RAM sticks actually (4x2) :)

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
So you'll have to run 4 tests :P And the errors should be indicated in red on the screen.