Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page Fault in Nonpaged Area (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Done. No errors found.

Advertisements

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

I suppose I could try clearing Memory Cache as some recommend? I can't find that option in my BIOS section, it is probably under different name. 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't feeling really good yesterday. I should have asked for the minidumps at the start of this thread, it was a beginner's mistake from my part, sorry. The BSODs are caused by akaieieu.sys, which is a Ploytec USB Audio driver. And I see that you have them installed right now:

Akai EIE Pro USB Audio driver (HKLM\...\USB_AUDIO_DEusb-audio.deAkaiEIE) (Version: - )

Which means that you most likely have the device that comes with it. I understand now why you BSOD everytime you produce music, since you're probably using the device or it's being used somehow. What you should do here is either uninstall these drivers and reinstall the original ones that comes with the hardware, or upgrade these drivers to their latest version.

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Oh at least I learned what is like to be an auto mechanic with all this opening of the PC and checking the hardwares manually down there  :) It was a valuable lesson :P

It may be the driver since I installed the latest driver that may be in beta version. I will go with the previous driver release and see what is going to happen.

Thank you!

Edited by dreamtuned, 17 January 2015 - 09:16 AM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem :) You can easily use the "Rollback" feature in the Device Manager for that driver if ever needed!

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Yeah it was definitely the driver. I am now working (with an earlier driver version) more then an hour and no problems with the "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" so far (even with a project that drains more CPU and RAM - in such projects earlier my Cubase [and PC] was crashing and the error message appeared). So it was probably a bad release of AKAI EIE Pro's latest driver. 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Looks like it to me. Well let's keep this thread open for a few days and see how it goes :)

dreamtuned

dreamtuned

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

No more problems with "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" :)

Thank You Aura!!! 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem dream, glad that I could help you in fixing that issue! :)