Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Scrolling in Microsoft Word

• Please log in to reply

dvd7e

dvd7e

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

If I open up a document in Microsoft Word on almost any computer and then drag the vertical scroll bar up and down, the document that is in view will also scoll *with* the scroll bar as I move it, even before I release the left-click button. OK, great, no problems there.

But there are some special computers at my work that I occaisonally have to use that aren't connected to the internet but they have Microsoft Office. If I open up a document in Word and then move the scroll bar, the document won't actually scroll until I *release* the left-click button on the mouse. This is very subtle, but it turns out to be super annoying when trying to browse through a large document, because I can't drag continuously and see the document go by, I have to break up the scrolling into discrete chunks.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Are there scrolling options somehwere in Word?

Thank you!

Advertisements