Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram over 1333 not noticeable ?

ram

• Please log in to reply

Mac29

Mac29

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

I've read some articles, 2012-2013, stating ram above 1333 is not necessary and not noticeable for even gaming or rendering and that it's all down to the cpu. I'm not interested in synthetic tests but in real world. Many other posts on various sites say AMD chips definitely run games, at least, on faster ram such as 1866. Any thoughts?

I'm guessing it depends on the game/application. But for future use it would make sense to get faster, as DDR4 is coming and everthing advances: software and what it runs on.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mac

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

is it noticeable then no not usually, but then again everything is relative and depends on what your actually doing and hardware in the pc, cpu, gpu bandwidth requirements etc etc.

if i'm buying ram for myself then i always get the fastest i can afford, if i'm buying ram for other peoples builds then i will use 1333 without any worry it is going to slow down the pc so it becomes an issue.

ram speed is rarely if ever the cause of a bottleneck/ performance issue, usually it's a mismatched cpu to gpu or a slow hard drive, not enough ram that causes performance issues.  

this might interest you :- http://www.overclock...rhead-scenarios

Benchmark Min fps

1333MHz = 66fps
1600MHz = 69fps
1866MHz = 72fps
2133MHz = 74fps
2400MHz = 76fps

now nobody is really going to notice a 10 frame difference when playing games at over 66fps, i don't care what they might say. :D

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 15 January 2015 - 08:58 PM.