Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help needed please

• Please log in to reply

jimbob 50

jimbob 50

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have just upgraded my pc with the following components asus mb m5a97 le r2.0 radon 6450 amd fx8320 and 4gig hyper x savage 1866 problems loading windows 7 and when it does load constantly freezes any ideas please

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
:welcome:   jimbob 50,

Please provide the brand and model name or number for the PSU, can you also tell us if this is a fresh install of Windows 7 or are you using an earlier installation on a previously used HDD.

Before purchasing your Ram did you confirm that it was compatible with your MB by checking the MBs memory QVL, see my canned text below;

Is the Ram in the slot nearest to the CPU.

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

I checked but did not see your Ram but did note the following which suggests you may need Ram in two slots for it to work, your MBs memory QVLs here the info is not very clear I'm afraid  :(

• 1 DIMM: Supports one module inserted in any slot as Single-channel memory configuration
• 2 DIMM: Supports one pair of modules inserted into either the blue slots or the black slots as one pair of Dual-channel memory configuration
• 4 DIMM: Supports 4 modules inserted into both the blue and black slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.