Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer doesn't shutdown cleanly [Solved]

corupt member files references AMD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

annmeris

annmeris

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

my Dell XPS all in one computer, takes 6 minutes to shut down. When boots up, message computer did not shut down cleanly. If I leave it idle for a while it turns it's self off. I did a reset a few months ago, had to reinstall my software but retained my user files. I ran sfc it couldn't repair member files referencing AMD. It reference   KB3000850, so I removed it.it didn't solve the problem. I ran it again, the problems are listed below. It doesn't reference the KB3000850 now it references is a Microsoft Windows printer package. I was have problems with my wireless HP printer, and needed to install the correct drivers. I really need help. Here's the sfc results:

Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-01-16 19:34:40, Info                  CSI    0000087b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-01-16 19:34:40, Info                  CSI    0000087c [SR] This component was referenced by [l:186{93}]"Microsoft-Windows-Printer-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.INF_prncacla"

Please help!

Advertisements

sg1000

sg1000

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I think backing up and re-installing your system is a good option to steer clear of future problems . 

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Doing so would take 3 days and communications with various software companies, begging them to reset number of downloads. A lot of my software is downloaded from different sites. I use a lot of embroidery digitizing software. I'm really trying to find a way to clean this up without losing my software.
Second idea please!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

This is windows 8.1 correct ? If so:

Try running these commands, You can copy them and paste them right into a command prompt. Right click an run command prompt as administrator.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Then run SFC / scan now command again. If an error occurs with SFC. reboot and run it again
SFC /scannow
Thanks
Joe :)

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I did everything you said. Everything was clean, no errors showing. I exited and turned off the computer with normal shutdown. When I started it up again. I got an error stating Driver_Power_State_Failure.
I couldn't find a program that allowed me to read the dump. So I used "Who Crashed.
This was the result.

On Sun 1/18/2015 8:45:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011815-11875-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x150AA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE000257EF540, 0xFFFFF80202B08960, 0xFFFFE0003192F250)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

It said there were 10 (that's there maximum) crashes. All with the same message.

What next? Thanks!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

First an foremost I'm not a blue screen annalist, I'll ask a few questions and gather some information from you and then get someone else to look at it, that's a little more knowledgeable then myself on this particular issue.

These are just some guide lines from a search;

Install the latest drivers

This issue is almost always due to a driver issue with one of the devices installed in your computer. If you've recently installed a new hardware device, such as a printer, modem, video card, etc., make sure you've got the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Disconnect external devices

Disconnect all external devices. External hardware such as USB peripherals can cause this error to happen. If no errors occur while these devices are disconnected, visit the manufacturers website for the latest drivers or contact the hardware manufacturer for suggestions.

It doesn't reference the KB3000850 now it references is a Microsoft Windows printer package. I was have problems with my wireless HP printer, and needed to install the correct drivers. I really need help

Has that issue been resolved, is the printer still connected ?

Are there any errors in Device manger ?

Is the blue screen occurring on every reboot now ?

Thanks

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I went through everything again. Then nothing wrong in SFC /scannow, still ran DISM etc. this time it needed a path to the file. I didn't know what it meant. I shutdown (fast shutdown). Then I restarted it and it was fine. No messages when booting. I left it on, 45 minutes later, it turned it's self off. Restarted it and got the not clean shutdown message. I ran who crashes, got the same response.

On Mon 1/19/2015 12:08:15 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011815-13562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x150AA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE0004E7D6060, 0xFFFFD0005B907960, 0xFFFFE000609E9010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I didn't know this is a blue screen error.

One other thing, I went to Dell's sight and ran their diagnostics. It said blue screen, but it said it fixed it. No it didn't.

Do you know what that ntosknl program is? I'm guessing something for Windows NT? My printer is wireless, and my external drive isn't plugged in. No problems in Device Manager.

It isn't a blue screen, but I'm guessing it doesn't matter. It shuts down when I leave it idle, on, but not using, first screen goes off correctly, then somewhere around 45 minutes, it turns the whole thing off.

That's it. do you think it might be dismounting the drive after a period of inactivity?

Thanks....Ann

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Attached File  011615-12343-01.zip   2.12MB   176 downloadsThis is driving me crazy. I've gone to Dell's website and ran all the diagnosis software, it did come up with a blue screen error and said they fix it. I started looking through other posts, now that I know it is called Blue Screen. I looked at the post Driver_Power_State_Failure, posted by Lola2014 and helped by Phillpower2. So I uninstalled McAfee The way it said to do it. I also went to Kaspersky's site and got their removal tool and ran that. This computer had that software first. I shut down and restarted, as usual perfect. Then I left the computer on. It turned it's self off. I went to the minidump directory copied and zipped. There are a lot of dumps in there. I'm attaching the file. Please look at it and see if you can figure out what is wrong. ...Thanks, Ann

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Thanks.

Work has been extremely busy. I need to get someone else to look at the mini dump file and I will.

Thanks

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I'm really doing the work, I'm trying but I need help. There are two files in the attached zip file. One is the last full dump, the other is a run of verifier, not sure I did it correctly, I followed Phillpower2's instructions in Lola2014's Drive_Power_State_Failure. Both these have been through WinDbg(64) and analyzed. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look at them and advise.
Thanks....Ann

Attached Files

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

I can take a quick look. I'd like to look at the full memory dump and not the mini one. Please do the following.

1. Copy C:\Windows\Memory.dmp to the desktop.

2. Right-click on memory.dmp on your desktop and select Send to....compressed (zipped) folder.

3. This will create a file named memory.zip. Please upload this file to a site like SendSpace, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. and post the link to that file here.

Thanks.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

While waiting for the full memory dump I took a look at the dumps that were analyzed and see that it's likely your Wireless N Network card drivers and/or software. So I can correlate the information please also provide the following. Also I would ensure that Driver Verifier is turned off/disabled. You don't want that normally running.

Step#1 - Retrieve System Information
1. Download Speccy to your desktop. The setup file will be named spsetup126.exe or something similar.
2. Double-click on this file and install it. Note: Please ensure that you uncheck any foistware that may be presented during the install (i.e. Chrome Browser install).
3. When the program opens it will retrieve some information regarding your system.
4. Once it's done, select the File menu and choose Publish snapshot. Answer Yes to the confirmation message.
5. On the next screen that comes up, choose the Copy to Clipboard button and paste this link in your next reply.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3sx99o

http://speccy.pirifo...UFd4VOcG4pb4LkN

My computer is hardwired to my router (new router), my printer is wireless.

I just printed out a list of the network components and driver that should be in my computer. I couldn't figure out how to attach it to this edit. Let me know if you want it.

If you need anything else, please let me know....Thanks, Ann

Edited by annmeris, 20 January 2015 - 08:21 PM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

OK, I've verified that it's the "Killer Wireless-N 1202 Network Adapter" and/or the "Qualcomm Atheros Performance Suite" software. As you may already know the machine crashes when trying to go to sleep. So one of three things should hopefully resolve this for you.

Let's check this first.

1. Right-click your Start Screen button in the lower left corner of your screen and select Device Manager.

SelectDeviceManager.JPG

2. In Device Manager, navigate to Network adapters and then Right-click on Killer Wireless-N 1202 Network Adapter and select properties. My screen shot below obviously doesn't show this network adapter since I don't have it.

NetworkAdapterProperties.JPG

3. Click the Power Management tab and let me know if there is a check box in "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". If it's not checked, please check it.

PowerMgmtTab.JPG

Let me know. Thanks.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Hi Brian,

It does have a check next to: allow computer to turn off this device. I attached a print of my device manager with anything network opened so you can see what is there. I also went to Dell's website, with my computer's code and brought up what driver files are listed under network for this computer. The computer is an all in one, not a laptop, although it appears it is treated as a laptop.

Please let me know the next step.

Thanks....Ann

Attached Thumbnails

• devicemgr.gif

Attached Files