Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer doesn't shutdown cleanly [Solved]

corupt member files references AMD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I'm crazy. I disabled it. I have not Internet connection on that computer at this time. But we never uninstalled it, just disabled it.
Then I had a half crash. couldn't get it activate, but the push button (on/off) was not off. In order to get it going I had to hold it in until it went off. Then restart it. Again, not a clean restart. When I got the new router, I installed Netgear Genie. When I disable the Ethernet, the computer locked up, I had to manually [bleep] it down and restart . Then when I attempted to disable it was already disabled. Firewall asked if it should allow netgear to allow access to the network. More clues? Thought you should know. I can uninstall netgear genie if you'd like. I'll get the last dump and post it. Screen shot too, even though the Ethernet was disabled.

Ok, dump attached

Attached Files

Edited by annmeris, 23 January 2015 - 03:41 PM.

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Download and install this chipset driver from the Dell Website.

http://downloads.del...10.0.20_A01.EXE

Let me know when that is done.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Done

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

OK now reboot (if you didn't already during the install) and then let your computer go to sleep and let me know if it crashes.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

ok. Did it took the dogs out, when I came back the push button was still on, the drive light was flickering and the screen was off. Couldn't wake it up with mouse or keyboard. I touched the screen, the front panel lights went on for a second, dvd. then I touched the screen, it remained dark but a message came on over the dark "No video detected on HDMI input". I had to physically shutdown. Then restart, same message as always.

Ann

just ran who crashed, the results are saying a software Driver? 

On Sat 1/24/2015 12:03:31 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012315-10453-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x150AA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE000B3DF6060, 0xFFFFF800DCFC5960, 0xFFFFE000C36F7DC0)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Edited by annmeris, 23 January 2015 - 06:21 PM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Can you run the memory.dmp through Windbg again and post the results?

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Here you go!

Attached Files

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

OK. Let's do this. We'll lose internet access on this machine but this will help us narrow down the issue.

1. Disconnect your network cable from the machine.

2. Go to Programs/Features and remove Realtek Ethernet Controller All-In-One Windows Driver

3. Reboot your computer once it's uninstalled (it may prompt you to anyway).

4. Leave the network cable out and allow the computer to go to sleep. See if it crashes.

5. Once again, if it does please run the memory.dmp through windbg and post. Obviously you may have to copy this information to a USB drive and post it.

I'll await the results. Thanks.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Crashed again see attached.

Attached Files

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

It's still showing the Realtek Network driver. Can you go to Device Manager and see if that one now shows a yellow caution icon on it?

If so can you right-click on it and choose uninstall, reboot and then see if it crashes again?

If so please provide analysis again.

Advertisements

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Under programs, there are 2 programs with Realtek on them, one is card reader, the other is high definition audio Driver.
Should I remove them too?
It did show in device manager, I uninstalled it

Edited by annmeris, 23 January 2015 - 09:15 PM.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

No, don't uninstall those. Let me know if it crashes now and provide the windbg results if it does. Thanks.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Uninstalling the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is a bear. I check it wasn't showing up under Network connection or under device manager. Restarted and it was back! Something is keeping it from uninstalling?

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Nope, that's normal. I'm guessing that it goes back in device manager with a caution icon and that's fine. Windows is detecting the hardware. As long as you did the uninstall once, that's all we needed. Let's just see if it crashes again and provide the dump info. Thanks.

annmeris

annmeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yes it is going back, no warning on it but adds another network adapter with a yellow warning.
I've attached a screen print of device manager after reboot. I'll append this with the dump if it crashes. If it doesn't I'll append a happy face.

Attached Thumbnails

• last.gif