Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are the max specs?

• Please log in to reply

RubiksPicProd

RubiksPicProd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!

I just want to ask what are the max specs of Lenovo 3000 H 200 Series the white one? Because i am planning to upgrade my pc.

Thanks!

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Hi RubksPicProd,

:welcome:

I believe  this system has Windows Vista, may be able to go to Windows 7, processor is about 1.6GHZ limit you to some performance with Windows 8.1 and system max. memory being only 2GB.

2GB DDR2-667MHZ (PC2-5300) Memory  see at only 667MHZ speed.

Add second Hard Drive, SATA 3Gb/s interface type for controllers for Hard Disk Drives, number of drives can be only 2 with this type interface SATA ATA-300, again can not go to SATA6GB/s which is better.

Power Supply is only 280W limit you to certain hardware upgrades.

Intel GMA 950 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0 this is an integrated video card with VGA connector limits you to better quality monitor and picture, also have integrated audio and but only 1 PCI slot, if this is correct from site i saw this on, limits you to getting a slot card for video most needing PCI-E express nowadays, possible for a seperate audio card in the 1 PCI Slot, providing better performance with your sound.

If this is correct model and specs, not much can do i feel, maybe some others can tell you more  http://www.cnet.com/...-53571fu/specs/

Edited by jds63, 18 January 2015 - 02:54 PM.

RubiksPicProd

RubiksPicProd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!

But can i upgrade my processor?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

don't waste money on trying to upgrade,

in my opinion you won't notice much if any difference by upgrading the cpu only, biggest draw back is the graphics options you have available, so my advice is to put the money towards a new system.

here is the only info i can find on cpu compatibility

http://www.cpu-upgra...GC_Express.html

based on the chipset :- http://ark.intel.com...mory-Controller

from the pc specs shown in jds63's link if you really want to upgrade your cpu tho.

:popcorn:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

I believe also the motherboard makes difference to upgrade a processor on it, not many slots to even upgrade cards, most cases not worth efforts of a processor which will cost enough, plus needing knowledge of installing it, applying thermal grease correctly. Not much upgrading can be done on board itself to think of spending on a processor too. My opinion when i did first look at specs, PC technology does move kind of fast, this is an older system.

Edited by jds63, 18 January 2015 - 09:25 PM.