Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2003 causing Visual C++ Runtime errors

• Please log in to reply

bluzedude

bluzedude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just signed up and am wondering if anyone can help me. I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 and now I can't start Adobe Illustrator CS or QuarkXpress 6.5. In Illustrator I get a message "Could not complete the requested operation" and in QuarkXpress I get"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the applications support team for more information. My other graphics apps run fine. I figure from reading here that an XP repair install would fix my problem but would like to fix it without resorting to that if possible. I tried reinstalling QuarkXpress but it made no difference. The office 2003 install must have overwritten some files. could I just install the needed files from my xp disc? thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

bluzedude

bluzedude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Guess the experts are sick of dealing with runtime error complaints. Anyways, I solved it myself by reformatting and reinstalling (except office 2003)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I'm sorry that we weren't able to help you. Unfortunatly this is one of those issues that I would have to see in person to be able to fix.

with office, the most common problem is that the pdf addin doesn't always get created or doesn't work. normally a repair/reinstall of adobe would fix this issue. also adobe has lots of support articles describing fixes for this.

however this didn't apply to your situation if you reinstall office and run into this probllem again (hopefully you won't). just reply back to this thread and I will try and help you.

Starjax