Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power management only shows do nothing or shut down (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I got that covered for you :) Right here:

http://dlcdnet.asus....64_z9641002.zip

Download and install them, then restart once it's done. Also, I'm sure that .NET Framework will be able to install once you install these drivers.

Advertisements

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
YES ! Thanks got the .net Framework and all most all the Windows updates. Still wants to download one more. Any chance of figuring out the original problem? (Power management) Thanks again

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem :) Its actually a known issue lying between .NET Framework 4.0 and Intel Rapid Storage drivers. If you don't have the most up to date version installed (which means, the default ones from Windows), the framework will fail to install and so will many Windows Updates. And yes let me re-take a look quickly at the original issue. It looks like everything else has been fixed for now.

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
one of the Windows updates failed to install  Triied several times 
 Got this response:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

Installation date: ‎1/‎25/‎2015 3:39 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800B0100

Update type: Important

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update. The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable. A typical installation will take about 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process.

Edited by bigdogalex, 25 January 2015 - 05:29 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
The SP1 for Windows 7 is a very important update, we have to get it installed. Alright, let's do another SFC scan and let me know the message that is returned at the end.

EndqYRa.pngSystem File Checker (SFC)
Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system:
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command sfc /scannow (there's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow") and press on Enter;
  • Let the scan run until the end (100%), then copy/paste in your next reply the message that is returned after;

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Here's what it says:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

Is that good or bad?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
It's good no worries. Are you trying to install the SP1 while being on a wireless network (WiFi) or a wired network (Ethernet)?

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
WiFi

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Can you try to install the update over a wired connection? I know that sometimes, large (big) Windows Updates will not be able to install over the WiFi, so installing them when on a wired connection usually works.

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64 based System   did install [it had failed before]

Service Pack 1... did not install again

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Here, you can download the SP1 directly from Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5842

It's an image file .iso, so you'll have to mount it, then go inside it and execute windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe. Do you know how to do that or not?

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

I know how to burn an iso file to disc but dnot sure how to go into it

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

i started downloading it and it gave me the choice to open with Nero, so I chose that . it is downloading now

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Well, if you can burn the .iso to a DVD, then insert that DVD in your computer, just right-click on it under Computer then select Explore and you'll see the executable I mentionned above.

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Started installing from disk. Got this message immediately

Installation was not successful

A system error prevented the service pack from installing.

Download and run

"check for system update readiness" at ...http://microsoft.com.../?linkId=122602

If the "check system update readiness" tool doesn't fix problem, visit Microsoft websit for more information

downloaded and installed Hotfix for Windows kb947821 - successful

Tried to install from from disk again

This time it showed it was installing -After 45 min of "installing - Installation quit with  "Installation not successful" again

An unkinown error has occured.Then error : 0x8 e 5 e0147 appeared Go online to learn about this error. Did that and ran the troubleshooter. no luck