Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS T100 - 64 GIG +SD Card Question

ASUS T100TA

• Please log in to reply

sockertease

sockertease

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, 

I hope this is the correct spot to post this, I’m interested in purchasing a ASUS Transformer T100 with 64 gigs of storage and I have a few questions before I purchase this product. Here are the specs

• Intel Quad Core Baytrail-T Z3775 1.46GHz. 2GB RAM.
  • Storage Capacity: 64GB Solid-State in tablet
  • 11-Hour battery life. 1.2MP Webcam. microHDMI, microUSB, microSDXC slot. Bluetooth 4.0. Wireless Dual-Band 802.11N.
  • Windows 8.1 OS

Here is the specific product I'm looking at:

(​http://www.amazon.co...sin=B00NC06K3G)

Firstly, would anyone recommend the purchase of this product? I am a researcher and plan to use it primarily as a note taking device but I suspect I'll watch the occasional movie and have a few skype conversations on it.

I plan on purchasing a 128gb micro SD card to use as my main storage however I have some concerns about limitations with this method. In your experience, will I be able to download applications onto the SD card and run them on the T100? Will I be able to store my music and pictures on the SD card and play/view these on my computer without needing to transfer them onto the computers hard drive? Would you expect any performance issues if I chose to do this? Are there any other options available outside of purchasing the 500 gig keyboard dock?

Any information would be more than helpful, 

Thanks.

Advertisements