Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Error

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

As soon as I turn on my Canon MX870, the little screen says "printer error," unplug printer and contact service center. The yellow alarm light and orange copy light flash intermittently as well.

Any advice? No idea what to do to go about getting it to work again.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello capper,

Do you have a software installation disk that may have been provided with the printer when it was purchased.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

capper

capper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Would have to check on the software CD - not sure.  I don't have a CD/DVD drive on my main laptop but there are other ways to install obviously if necessary.  Thanks will check soon.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.