Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frustrated

• Please log in to reply

dahkat

dahkat

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I took my acer back to factory and now it does not work ...powers on but then shuts off , while it is on @the bottom of screen it says acer progress 12/20 install arcade deluxe please wait, then it shuts off and i have to power on again and it does the same thing .What have I done wrong ? 

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Howszit? and Welcome to GtoG

Sorry that your Acer is "start-up challenged".  First off, is this a notebook or a tower system?  If it's a notebook, try removing the battery before powering up, (batteries do lose capacity over the years and can stop a notebook from starting).  If it's a tower system, an unexpected shutdown maybe a bad PSU or hard drive problem.  What did the Acer factory actually do?  What is the op system and model number of your Acer?

I guess what we need is more info to help you better.  

Cheers, and please let us know more about your system...