Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Keeps shutting down/Rebooting

• Please log in to reply

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
OK so I ram the scan for ram. It finished, rebooted. I tried to open the browser to look up how to find the log and it rebooted again... 3 times. I finally unplugged it as it shut down and tried again. It ran chkdisk. And rebooted again. Twice. Then tried to run chkdisk again. I stopped it and it is now sitting in the screen with the users to choose from because I don't want to deal with it cycling again. Climbing under the table to unplug the tower is not an easy feat for someone 6+ mos pregnant...

Advertisements

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Here are pics of the screen as it ran chkdisk.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150212_223433.jpg
  • 20150212_223520.jpg

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Sorry this is becoming difficult and for you, i understand, not easy find some PC problems, been down road myself many times, how i learned, hard way. From my knowledge does not look like Hard drive is bad from Chkdsk, but chances might want to try a reinstall of Windows 7,possibilty of corrupt operating system.

So far we have no information on RAM going bad, failing or Power supply info .

Edited by jds63, 13 February 2015 - 03:17 PM.

rfuller02

rfuller02

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Sorry this is becoming difficult and for you, i understand, not easy find some PC problems, been down road myself many times, how i learned, hard way. From my knowledge does not look like Hard drive is bad from Chkdsk, but chances might want to try a reinstall of Windows 7,possibilty of corrupt operating system.

So far we have no information on RAM going bad, failing or Power supply info 

Have you tried checking the BIOS log? The BIOS log may tell you something that Windows isn't. Also check the Windows event viewer to see if you can see anything there. If you are having disk issues again, it should be logging those. Most likely Event ID 7's.

One thing I have noticed about Google Chrome is that it is a CPU hog. I run PC Probe which shows the temp and state of various hardware (fan's RPM, etc.) If Chrome is not running, the CPU temp hovers in the mid 50 degree range. Launch Chrome and start using it and it will jump up to 70-80 degrees within a few minutes. Kept wondering why my PC would shut itself down occasionally (before I turned on PC probe). I know why now.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

So far we have no information on RAM going bad, failing or Power supply info 

Have you tried checking the BIOS log? The BIOS log may tell you something that Windows isn't. Also check the Windows event viewer to see if you can see anything there. If you are having disk issues again, it should be logging those. Most likely Event ID 7's.

One thing I have noticed about Google Chrome is that it is a CPU hog. I run PC Probe which shows the temp and state of various hardware (fan's RPM, etc.) If Chrome is not running, the CPU temp hovers in the mid 50 degree range. Launch Chrome and start using it and it will jump up to 70-80 degrees within a few minutes. Kept wondering why my PC would shut itself down occasionally (before I turned on PC probe). I know why now.

Person has not responded since Feb. 2015. No bad sectors on HDD.If need some help repost a new thread in proper area of the issue you may have. Never used Chrome, but heard it to be a hog, i use Firefox. Mid 50c not that cool either, unless due to room temps.

Edited by jds63, 08 June 2015 - 02:04 PM.