Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Latitude E4200 Laptop

No bootable devices

• Please log in to reply

Kashif _Khan

Kashif _Khan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have Dell Latitude E4200 (laptop) , since everything is working fine, yesterday I updated my SSD firmware, I download "SAMSUNG_MULTI-DEVICE_A00_R276534.exe"  'http://www.dell.com/...verId=R276534'.

I followed all processes as mention:installation instruction" but after restart my system, I got the message 

"No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot,F2 for setup utility

Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

Bios :

Boot Sequence: Internal HDD

SATA Operation --> ATA/AHCI/IRRT (Tried all mode)

HDD: SAMSUNG SSD PM800 TM 64G

Troubleshoot: I had done.

1. Load Defaults value

2. unplugged and plugged SSD.

3. Boot from Win7 DVD.  

4. F5 onboard Diagnostics

Every times I got same message. 

"No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot,F2 for setup utility

Press F5 to run onboard Diagnostics.

One thing is very strange for me, when I used Flash Drive(USB) with HDD Regenerate for boot purpose only (HDD Repair) Utility. it shows my SSD drive and it can scan. but using same flash drive I also try to reinstall BIOS Firmware (A24) but fail to update, currently I have "A24 Revision" 

Please Can anyone help me! I'll appreciate.

Thanks and Regards

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

:welcome:   Kashif _Khan,

Yours is another example of how things can go wrong when updating/flashing the BIOS, can I ask why you did the upgrade in the first place, where you already having problems with the computer, the reason that I ask is because the problem could actually be with Windows itself being damaged/corrupt, this would make sense if the SSD is detected by the BIOS and can be scanned.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page.