Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need assistance on which programs NEED to be on my pc (Resolved)

Windows 7 160GB Want top performance Any help would be great

• Please log in to reply

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

I took your word for it and decided not to question you anymore about the Microsoft Files or MSXC i have on my computer because you have let me know that they are important to having a fully fuctioning computer...

Edited by Joe-King, 03 February 2015 - 05:26 PM.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Various packages gets installed by various programs. It all comes down to the program, if it needs one or not. If it does and it's not installed, it installs it. If it does but it's installed, it uses it instead :)

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

I finally got the ,NET Framework to download and was wondering if there was anything else for me to do...

Edited by Joe-King, 03 February 2015 - 05:27 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
This is very good :) I guess that you are all set now, nothing else to do!

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Dang.. So are you sure there is nothing else i can update on my computer? I really like this....Lol Its like getting a new computer all over again.... Lol thank you Aura & Nevan once again for taking the time to help me. Means alot. I would have broke something by now if it wasn't for you. Now i can stretch another 6-7 years out of this computer....Haha maby not... :smashcomp:

Edited by Joe-King, 02 February 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Nothing really if you ask me. The essential has been done :) And no problem Joe, our pleasure!

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Hello again Aura,

Do you know if there has been a fix to the Adobe Flash Player problem yet? I am going through all the same problems again, (Not wanting to load pages) I get the Adobe Flash Player Vulnerable telling me to update as soon as i update it shows Vulnerable again

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
May I ask you why you edited all your previous posts to change them for a smiley? I needed to access the information there to be able to answer your issue.

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Well i was going to delete all my old posts that way people wouldn't have to bother with reqading all of that to discover the problem was fixed. But there was not a way to delete the posts so i just erased my problems. Sorry i didn't think i was going to have this problem again. This morning everything was working fast and had no problems. :(

Edited by Joe-King, 03 February 2015 - 04:25 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Joe, the point of posting only to ask for assistance is so others can see what process you are going through and can use the information you give to help them troubleshoot their own issues. If every thread was cleaned or deleted after an issue was solved, what would be the point of posting it in a public forum on the first place? This is why we like to keep every threads and posts in their original form, so others can use them to troubleshoot their own issues.

Advertisements

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

I rewrote to the best of my memory sorry again for erasing the posts. Didn't mean to make anyone mad....

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I'm not mad no worries, I was just explaining you why you should leave your posts as they are :) Alright so, can you remind me the original issue so we can work on it?

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Yes, thankyou.

My flash player is vulnerable i update it and as soon as i update it and restart my browser like you are supposed to do when updating the flash player. When it's reloaded and i go to (tools, add-ons Manager, then click to see if your plugins are up to date) I see that my Java Deployment Toolkit is Vulnerable as well as my Flash player needs to be updated again. I was told by 23ted i believe? That there was a problem with flash player right now and so i did a google search and it brings up a ton of information on problems with Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.296 which is the Flash Player i have.

Now the reson i have noticed this is when i am trying to play a game, i go into the lobby and click a person to play with, at that time normally it would load the new table / screen, the selected game is on. But instead, it does not load period. Just a black page and i have to hit the back button a few times which reloads the lobby from where i was previously at. So i went and checked if my plugins were up to date,

You have to have 3 things in order to play on the website which are,

Operating system     Browser version:     Flash player:

If there is something i am missing i will gladly listen to what you have to say, Just i see that Flash player Is Vulnerable so i figured that was my problem... But im open to anything anyone has to say :P

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
What is the version of Java and Flash Player shown in Mozilla Firefox?

Joe-King

Joe-King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Shown in Mozilla Firefox, Do you mean the plugins, or my options of Mozilla?