recd mess stating my storage files pis, doc, ect. have been encrypted and to decrypt payment by bit coins.
encrypt payment [Closed]window mail encrypted
Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:45 PM
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Select additions at the bottom
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please attach both logs generated.
Download aswMBR.exe ( 4.5mb ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.
You may be offered the option of using virtualisation, accept that
When it offers to download the virus database allow that as well
Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Scan with IDTool
Please download IDTool by Nathan and save the file to the desktop.
It will come as a zipped file, so you will need to unzip it. You may do it by right-clicking on it and choosing Extract All. Extract it to your desktop.
- Enter the IDTool directory, right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
- IDTool needs Microsoft .NET Framework environment to work properly, so if prompted to download & install it please agree
- Wait patiently until the tool will collect necessary data
- Once the main console is loaded, please press Rescan Computer and Generate a New Report.
- When prompted at the main bar that Rescan is completed, press Generate Text Friendly Report for Forums.
- Copy the entire content of the frame that appears. You may want to save it to a text file for your convenience
Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:27 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users