I just did a complete system Restore. This computer just had too much going on and it needed a good clean start. Well the original operating system was XP SP2 and it seems to have IE 6.0. None of the microsoft pages will let me update this computer. I can't get updates using Firefox, and it won't let me update IE at all.
After clicking on a lot of links it always comes back to this message ... and Automatic Updates is turned on, but it does not run when it's scheduled.
Thanks for your interest in getting updates from us.
To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.
If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
- Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.
Attached is a screen shot of my Automatic Updates Tab:
I have clicked on the small link at the bottom that says "Windows Update Web site" and that leads me to that page I posted above. Any ideas??