Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

administrator won't load win 7(back screen) but guest works fine

• Please log in to reply

benwa420

benwa420

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a envy specter xt
Win 7
Got it from a friend all work fine then suddenly a day after changing admid name and icon to mine win 7 won't load and get black screen of death but guest account load up fine
Plzzzzzz hrlp

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi benwa420 :)

Simple question, if you got that laptop from a friend at work, why didn't you simple Factory Restore it so you can start from fresh? You should always do that when you get a laptop or computer that was in use before by another person. Makes things way easier.

benwa420

benwa420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes should have and will in future but how do I fix my problem any pointer plz

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I suggest you to do a Factory Reset right now, except if you have data that you need to access on the Administrator profile? And I know exactly how you messed up with the Admin account, at this point, the easiest solution is to delete the profile and create a new one, as the current one is most likely corrupted.

Well, if you go in your Admin account, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and select to open the Task Manager, does it works? If it does, click on the Create task button at the bottom and enter explorer.exe. What happens?