Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unjailbreak Problem

iphone jailbreak apple problem help iphone5 unjailbreak

• Please log in to reply

Yaktuka

Yaktuka

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So I was getting tired of having a jailbroken Iphone5c so I decided to try to unjailbreak it. I used the process of connecting my Iphone to my computer and reset it using Itunes. I had to update my Iphone first in order to reset it. When I tried that It ending up downloading 1/3 of the software and then an error popped up saying that the connection timed out. So I tried looking for solutions and nothing ever worked. Re-installed itunes, turned off firewall, and all of that. But nothing ever worked. Here's the part where I mess up big time. I went to general and ended up clicking on the "delete all data and settings" option. My Iphone was still jailbroken at the time. Now It's stuck on the apple logo screen and when I try to connect my phone to itunes. My phone won't pop up for itunes. If I use another computer. I would have to hit "Trust this computer" on my Iphone, but I can't because I'm stuck on the apple logo screen... soo... please help?

Advertisements

OpenSourcerer

OpenSourcerer

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Yea, don't ever use the settings to reset a jailbroken device...
Download the latest version apple is still signing for your device
http://m.iclarified....ex.php?enid=750

When that is done downloading, plug your device in and open up iTunes. When it prompts you to update/restore hold shift + H (if memory serves me correctly) and click the button. A window should open to let you select the ipsw you downloaded. (Apple has to be still signing the version....) let the restore process complete and it should be all good.

Why did you get tired of having a Jailbroken device? I can't stand not having (some) control over my devices to install software/tweak/Homebrew ect

Emily886

Emily886

• Pip
  • 4 posts

You may try Free ReiBoot, it is a useful and free tool to fix iPhone Recovery stuck in Apple logo, Recovery mode, etc. with one single click. Good luck.