Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

how to remove wax from laptop keyboard

hot wax waxy keyboard hot wax cooled on kayboard remove wax keyboard i spilled wax on laptop spilled hot wax on screen wax betweem kwys

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

taking my new laptop out of the box I ntoiced a candle that had been burning all night above me.  picking it up i did not realize the glass holder was full of hot wax to the brim.  i didn't mind the wax on my clothes but the wax on the brand new screen and keyboard (on top and inbetween the keys).  Is there a way to remove this wax without doing damage?

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

That sounds like it would be very tricky to clean up.

Without seeing exactly, I can only recommend to try scraping off any large chunks that have already dried. 

For the bit that's left, I would advise having someone hold the laptop upside down while you take a hairdryer on Medium and try to melt the remaining wax on the upside down laptop and have a towel ready to wipe up what melts off.

Be very careful not to cause damage to the laptop by the heating process.  It shouldn't take a whole lot to get it melted.

Good luck!  :ph34r: