Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot boot from USB or disk

• Please log in to reply

azul20

azul20

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hello everyone,

I have had no luck trying to boot from either a flash drive, or the disk drive. I am able to see the USB, and disk drive in the system BIOS, and when I press F10 during boot up. In BIOS settings, it does not matter what the boot order is, the HDD will always load first. I have tried a few different BIOS settings to try and solve the problem, before I decided to post. I have disabled fast bios mode, and set secured boot to disbled.  I have also set the OS mode selection to UEFI and Legacy OS. The bootable USB has no problems with other systems. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium X64. The Laptop is a Samsung NP365E5C-S05US. If anyone can offer some suggestions to help resolve this issue, I would really appreciat it.

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

Hello!

I found the following post off another forum regarding a similar topic:

I had this problem too! Here is what solved it for me: I hit F12 on the initial screen. When the menu came up asking me which device I wanted to boot from, I waited until I actually heard my BD-ROM spin up (it took about 30 s), then I selected my BD-ROM (which was listed with full details "Pioneer BD-ROM..." in the list) and hit enter. Then it worked.

Hope this helps someone else who has this problem.

Aside from the above post I found, the only thing(s) I can think of to mention that might be worth trying are 1) remove the cmos battery to try and reset, or 2) flash/update the bios.

Please have patience for a few days and perhaps someone with more knowledge and experience can further assist you if my suggestion(s) don't help.

Good luck!  :wave:

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Thank you for the reply Fusionbomb. I will gve these a try right now, and report back with my findings.

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hello,

I am having some difficulty updating the BIOS. After contacting Samsung, I was told that there are no BIOS updates available at this time.