Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete iTunes Duplicate Songs

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Running Windows 8.1.  I have a very large iTunes Library 130gB - many are duplicate songs.  Is there an easy way to delete all the duplicates?  From what I have been able to find, it seems that once I identify the duplicate entries,  I would need to go through and delete each song individually.   I hope there is an easier way!  Thanks!

Advertisements

riderr

riderr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi there, this is the link to an instruction: http://www.macworld....-songs-3528623/

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Thanks but these instructions, if I am reading them correctly, would require me to delete songs individually.  My iTunes Music file is so large this would take forever.  What is the best free software for identifying and removing duplicate files.  I was thinking I could copy my iTune files to an external hard drive, use this software to identify and delete duplicate files and then use this file as my ITunes Music file.  Would this work?