Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blank screen/complete freeze on program load

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

I have dual monitors. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Super clocked graphics card runs both monitors.I have Windows 7. All drivers are up to date. Any time I launch something that causes the screens to go blank before it loading, like the game Dying Light for example, the entire PC freezes up on the black screen. I have to reboot my PC to fix it by hitting reset on the tower.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

Have you ever been able to run the game without it freezing, on that setup?

If so, did anything change between when it worked and when it quit working?  (Any hardware/software updates, etc?)

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Yeah, it ran fine before I updated drivers. The game is Dying Light

Edited by heartgrave, 11 February 2015 - 05:23 PM.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

Are you not interested in rolling back the driver?

To restore a driver to its previous version

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device that you want to restore to a previous driver version.

3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Roll Back Driver.

If you are logged on as a standard user, the button will be dimmed, which means it's unavailable. You must be logged on as an administrator to roll back a driver.

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

I have no idea what driver I just updated, there were 14 of them. I re-downloaded the game and now it just crashes, saying the game stopped working, at random time. It goes right back to the desktop.

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 633 posts

Try the steps in my last post to rollback the "Display adapters" category (in Step 2).  There will most likely only be 1 thing when you double click "Display adapters", so let us know what happens (if you can play the game or not) after you try rolling back just that one driver, please.

:popcorn:

Edited by Fusionbomb, 12 February 2015 - 07:05 PM.