Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

After system restore a deleted email program is back (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
This is a message that pop-up on Windows start-up, or when you try to open Spicebird?

Advertisements

moe jr

moe jr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

UPDATE:  Well I've got some great news.  I uninstalled Spicebird and rebooted and the msg about another instance did not appear.  Then I found another site, not Cnet, and downloaded Spicebird again and Voila! everything is back to normal.  Thanks for your help I appreciate it.  Looking back,  I remember catching myself immediately after I originally deleted it and tried to cancel the deletion.  Perhaps that's what corrupted it and why I kept getting those msgs and why it kept crashing when I tried to open it.  So I guess the motto of this lesson is "let it delete completely, then recreate". Thanks again.

Moe

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,479 posts
It's always the best idea to reinstall a program when you have weird issues, error messages, etc. with it that cannot be solved by conventional means :) And no problem, glad that you found a solution to your issue!

moe jr

moe jr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

UPDATE:  Great news!  Everything is back!  I decided to uninstall Spicebird and that made the "Another instance" msg disappear. Then I found another site, not Cnet, and downloaded Spicebird again and everything came back.  I remember now trying to stop the original deletion when I realized what I did and maybe that corrupted it and why I was getting all those msgs and the crash msg.  Next time I will let it do what it has to do then try and recreate it.  Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Moe

moe jr

moe jr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Sorry had to repeat my msg. didn't see the first one.