Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

infected with positive find ads [Solved]

positive find google cant cle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Wendywoo0805

Wendywoo0805

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Hi,

I had run MBAM twice before contacting you,,,as well as eset scanner ETC.

i am really grateful for your help but am at a training day for MND scotland tomorrow as a volunteer and short on time for fixing this so decided to put it to a local techy ( a wee guy not pc world lol).

I dont understand this virus thing at all...  I know it wasn't affecting IE and bing as curiosity got the better of me & I tried it....it definitely latched onto google chrome as that was my default browser. 

If I find out anything from the techy bloke I can let you know as it may come in handy for someone else xx

Advertisements

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

I think that going to a local "techy" will be a waste of time as they are not aware of the latest streams of malware and how they affect programs..

What you have left is a Chrome problem and simply uninstalling it, (do not choose to remember settings) and re-installing it should do the trick.

Let me know please.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Hi Wendywoo

I hope you enjoyed your training day.

It has been several days since I heard from you and wonder if I can close this as "solved" or if you would like me to keep it open a little longer.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.