I'm having a lot of trouble with my laptop. It's very slow, and I constantly see 1 or more dllhost.exe Com Surrogate on my task manager. I didn't clue in to this until recently, and it's at a stage where it already shut down my computer once and it's running very slow now. Malwarebytes isn't picking it up. I did a scan, as well as with HitmanPro, but all I got was tracking cookies.
Please help me as soon as you can. What steps do I need to take? I didn't want to touch the registry manually because I wouldn't know what I'm doing.
I did a scan with RogueKiller, I've attached the log. Don't know if this helps at all, I can't see anything.
dllhost.exe problems, please help urgently! [Closed]dllhost.exe
Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:43 PM
Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:02 AM
Hello sisi26, welcome to Geeks to Go Malware Removal forum!
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.
Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Please ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation and providing the best set of instructions for you.
- Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable.
- If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
- Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
- Ensure you are following this topic. Click at the top of the page.
and I constantly see 1 or more dllhost.exe Com Surrogate on my task manager.
This is normal. Several instances of dllhost.exe running is OK.
Please run the following diagnostic scans so I can ascertain the state of your computer.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
- Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save the file to your Desktop.
- Right-Click FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
- Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
- Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
- Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.
- Please download TDSSKiller and save the file to your Desktop.
- Right-Click TDSSKiller.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
- Click Change parameters. Place a checkmark next to Detect TDLFS file system and Verify file digital signatures.
- Click Start Scan. Do not use the computer during the scan.
- If objects are found, change the action to skip.
- Click Continue and close the window.
- A log will be created and saved to the root directory (usually C:\). Attach the file in your next reply.
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.
- TDSSKiller log (attached)
Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:50 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dllhost.exe
Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users