Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New power board but still 2 sec before black

lcd repair black screen

• Please log in to reply

Mac29

Mac29

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

I've read posts with similar problems and hope I can get a handle on what's ailing my Westinghouse LCM-22W3. Eventually only show: green led and desktop for ~2 sec, then black/nothing. Reboot would give same. After a few min led switches to orange.

I've fixed an lcd before. Replaced some caps on power board but got messy, so ordered a compatible DAC-19M005 replacement for my DAC-19M010.

With new power board: now upon boot I get (green led) & ~2 sec of desktop, then black (using VGA, or dongle: no true DVI cable). I can tell using a flashlight the screen is getting no image. There are no sounds.

Q1: Anyone think the DAC-19M005 is worth keeping? A post on another site says problem may only be a difference in the current protection circuit (replace one component?). Other surmise this problem is due to backlight issues. Another forum post thinks even new power board's caps may test ok but not function correctly under load. This is what I think b/c failure is usually due to one component and this worked before.

I could return the DAC-19M005 and look for a 19M010 but imagine that also might give wrong current. Anyone have a background in lcd repair?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanx,

Mac

Advertisements